What:1-1 Surgery Sessions with Hannah Botes: HR Specialist and Andrew Whitty: Marketing For Foodies
Where: Bar Saint James,30 Uplands Crescent, Uplands, Swansea, SA2 0PB
When: Tuesday 10th September 2019: 09.30am – 4.30pm
Cost: Free (Value of support will be covered under de minimis, further details below)
Title: Bespoke Surgery Sessions for Food & Drink Businesses with Hannah Botes: HR Specialist and Andrew Whitty: Marketing for Foodies
Thinking of hiring a new member of staff for the first time? Wondering how to create a job description? Need help with an employment contract?
This Catalyst surgery session offers your business the opportunity to book time with a Human Resources specialist, with experience in the food and drink sector, to help clarify and get essential advice about a variety of HR matters including:
– Recruitment – All the steps to recruiting someone new to the business, including how to advertise, how to interview and how to make an offer
– Contracts – different types and what documents are needed to employ someone ( including right to work checks)
– Performance Management – How to support and manage employees who have been employed ( probation periods and appraisals)
– Job Description – what needs to be included
– What are the minimum HR policies I should have in place.
This Catalyst surgery session will be led by Hannah Botes. Hannah is a fully generalist Human Resources professional with over 14 years of experience in a variety of national and international industries including; retail, wine farms, agriculture, hotel and hospitality. Hannah currently works with Chwarae Teg, supporting and writing equality and diversity strategies for SME businesses within South Wales.
Hannah has a strong passion for people and Human Resources, and enjoys adding value to a Company by having a strong operational focus in developing people. Hannah has a Bsc (Hons) Business Administration degree from Cardiff University, OCR level 5 leadership and management and is a member of the CIPD.
Hannah has strong operational experience with the hospitality and food and drink sector including:
• Recruitment (Local and International)
• Contract Management
• Performance Management
• Disciplinary and Grievance Investigation phase, hearings and appeals
• Termination and exit process
• Payroll Management
• Equality and Diversity
• Auditable Procedure mapping for HR and other Departments
• Maternity and Parental Leave management
• HR Budgeting and planning
• Job descriptions and Organisational design
• Employee handbook creation
• Management Training – inclusive of disciplinary, conflict management, absence management.
• Health and Safety – Including food hygiene processes
Does your food and drink business have a specific branding, social media or website and communications problem that you’re struggling with?
The Catalyst Project is offering another opportunity for food & drink businesses to register for 1 to 1 surgery sessions with food and drink specialist Andrew Whitty. http://www.andrew-whitty.com/
Andrew has worked with a variety of food businesses increasing awareness of their brands, engaging with customers and ensuring the message that’s being put out there is appropriate and reaches the right audience.
The bespoke sessions are designed to help food & drink businesses resolve branding, social media, website, digital advertising and food photography challenges.